Head of Laser Laboratory/Senior Laser Scientist
Munkavégzés helye: Szeged
Center for Molecular Fingerprinting (CMF, www.mukkozpont.hu ) is developing cutting-edge femtosecond laser technologies [1-3] to advance electric-field molecular fingerprinting techniques based on field-resolved infrared spectroscopy . The laser spectrometers developed at CMF will be utilized in large scale clinical studies to target disease detection (https://www.lasers4life.de/). Planned high-throughput measurement operations will encompass several tens of thousands of human samples per year being measured by several laser spectrometers, operated in parallel within the CMF laboratories. The research is performed in close collaboration with the attoworld laboratories led by Prof. Krausz at the Ludwig Maximillian University of Munich (LMU) and the Max-Planck Institute of Quantum Optics (MPQ) (https://www.attoworld.de/).
The successful candidate will work, together with laser scientists, life scientists and technicians from CMF, MPQ and LMU at the CMF laboratories at Szeged and Budapest. During the initial phase of employment, the successful candidate will be trained for several months on the existing laser systems within the attoworld laboratories at LMU Munich, in preparation for the technology transfer to CMF in Hungary. Drawing on this training, the successful candidate will be responsible for setting up and managing an interim laser laboratory in Szeged with a couple of field-resolved spectrometers and managing a small technical staff team. Further development and applications of the laser systems at CMF will be performed in close collaboration with the scientist at the attoworld laboratories in Munich.
In perspective, there is the unique possibility - after a positive evaluation of the work of the successful candidate - to take over a leading position at the CMF laboratories currently under construction in Budapest, Hungary. The CMF headquarters at Budapest will host a large-scale laser facility (with more than ten femtosecond lasers systems) and large-scale cryogenic biobank with a storage capacity of several million of human samples. The aim of the CMF operations is to apply next-generation field-resolved spectrometers based on bright, coherent, broadband mid-Infrared sources for the analysis of human blood samples to non-invasively detect disease and monitor health.
- Responsible for the establishment and operation of the CMF interims laser laboratories;
- Management and responsibility for the technical team responsible for the maintenance and reliable operation of the lasers;
- Supporting the interdisciplinary team and ensuring the reliable operation of the laser spectrometers for biological measurements.
Qualifications and Skills:
The successful candidate with a PhD/MSc degree in physics or a related technical discipline and strong self-motivation and the ability to solve problems independently, with post-doctoral experience; should have some expertise in some of the areas listed below:
- Linear/nonlinear optics or laser development ;
- Ultrafast and/or high-power laser systems;
- Project and laboratory management;
- Experience with Labview, Python, or another programming language;
- Interest in interdisciplinary work at the interface with biomedical applications;
- Good command of the written and spoken English language is required, German language skills are advantageous, knowledge of Hungarian is of advantage but not a requirement.
The advantage to having experiences in:
- Management and development of complex latest-generation laser systems including:
- High-power ultrafast disc laser
- Multi-pass compression to sub-20 fs
- Efficient octave-spanning mid-infrared generation
- Field-resolved detection with electro-optical sampling
- Dual-oscillator laser synchronization with attosecond timing calibration
- High-speed data acquisition and processing;
- Further implementation of the latest technology advances from attoworld research (technology transfer);
- A broad range of activities in a dynamically evolving second-to-none endeavour and professional environment;
- Access to the latest optical technologies and state-of-the-art laboratories;
- Excellent research and working conditions;
- Close collaboration with and research visits at the attoworld laboratories in Munich (https://www.attoworld.de/).;
- Supportive, highly motivated, and multi-disciplinary team;
- Pleasant working atmosphere with many learning opportunities;
Információk az állásról
- Teljes munkaidő 8 óra
- 1-2 év szakmai tapasztalat
- 2-4 év szakmai tapasztalat
- 5-9 év szakmai tapasztalat
- Közép vezető
Önéletrajz elküldése kötelező!